Helix Test System
Quantity: 1 x Helix Device & 100 Test Strips
Test Steam: 134ºC/ 3,5 min, 121ºC/ 15 min
For Vacuum Autoclaves: Type B & S
The Helix tests are available for: STEAM (134ºC/ 3,5 min, 121ºC/ 15 min)
The Helix tests are conforming to EN 867-1, ISO 111140 - 1, Class 2
Also available are self-adhesive helix strips which are very useful as the strip
can be stored easily on a (patient) registration card or file. The inks are non-toxic
and the adhesive do not contain latex. Therefore the strips can not cause any damage
The Helix strips (indicators) comply to EN 867-1, ISO 11140-1, Class 5
How to use:
The test should be performed in a preheated chamber at the start of the day with
only the Helix device present.
1) Pre-heat the autoclave, up to working temperature.
Note: Performing the Helix test on a cold autoclave can lead to incorrect results
2) Open the Helix Device, then take one strip from the book of 250, fold in half (test
squares to the outside and adhesive backing to the inside) and insert the test strip into
the slot in the device.
3) Close the Helix Device and place the Helix Device in the front of autoclave near the door.
4) Close the autoclave and process a sterilisation cycle.
5) The AVS Helix Strip will change from a Purple Colour to GREEN. If the WHOLE strip is
GREEN you have a successful test.
6) Date the Strip, remove adhesive backing and stick into your Log Book.
All prices are excluding V.A.T at the current rate